t: +61 8 8523 1986
m: +61 0439 475 116
mail [at] globalmotorsportmedia.com
office [at] gmmf1.net
- Opinions split over 'Q4' qualifying idea
- Apr.18 (GMM) Opinions are divided over whether F1 should tweak its qualifying format for 2020.
It is believed Liberty Media wants to add a fourth qualifying segment - 'Q4' - to the current knockout-style format.
However, some have raised doubts about whether the current allocation of Pirelli tyres can handle a four-segment qualifying.
"I think the current format is good," Pirelli's Mario...full article
- Russian billionaire eyes Williams buyout
- Apr.18 (GMM) A Russian billionaire could buy Williams.
The once-great British team is in a desperate performance crisis, but multiple authoritative outlets are now reporting that Dmitry Mazepin is interested in buying it.
Earlier, we reported that Mazepin's 19-year-old son Nikita, who races in Formula 2, will conduct a series of F1 tests in a two-year-old Mercedes car this year.
Last yea...full article
- Malaysia could return to F1 calendar in 2022
- Apr.18 (GMM) Malaysia could be set to revive its grand prix for 2022.
Arguing that it is no longer good value for money, the government pulled the plug on the Sepang race after 2017.
"Cost too high, returns limited," said sports minister Khairy Jamaluddin at the time.
But Fox Sports reports that the return to the prime ministership of Mahathir Mohamad is good news for the F1 race at Sepa...full article
© 2013 Global Motorsport Media.